Saturday, October 24, 2009

Future of Taiko

I came across an interesting article in JapanToday about a collaboration between two Japanese taiko players: Isaku Kageyama (27), member of Amanojaku and Yu Ishizuka (31), member of Oedo Sukeroku Taiko. The two musicians recently performed a show together called "The Beat Ahead" in Shibuya. Both Amanojaku and Oedo Sukeroku Taiko are based in Tokyo. I would love to visit Tokyo one of these days to check out its thriving taiko scene. :)

2 comments:

Yuri Kageyama said...

Hi, here are some video clips of that concert in Harajuku Crocodile:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ikageyama

the video from that night are:
Winchester's Groove
Isaku Kageyama shime daiko solo
Edo Bayashi conversations at Harajuku Crocodile
Ichijin no kaze
Yatai
Isaku and Yuu play Midare Uchi

Pleaes give Amanojaku a call when you plan to be in Tokyo and check out the practice and concerts.
Amanojaku has a concert at Sogestu Hall Dec. 8.

taikohana said...

Thank you for sharing the video clips! I'm hoping to visit Tokyo next year. I'll be sure to give Amanojaku a call. :)