Sunday, June 21, 2009
Sharing is Caring
I have been emailing several people inquiring about taiko groups in Fukuoka. However, I haven't had much success with my search until recently. A few days ago, I received some helpful advice from Brian, the author of the blog Raion Taiko. He is a fellow taiko enthusiast who currently lives in Ishikawa, Japan. I came across his blog a while back and thought he might be a good person to contact. It's a good thing I did. He informed me about the Japan Taiko Foundation, an organization that promotes taiko traditions both domestically and internationally. The Japan Taiko Foundation's website provides a list of taiko groups throughout Japan who are members of the foundation. There are at least 8 groups listed under Fukuoka. :) He also mentioned TAO, a professional group based in Fukuoka. Even if TAO doesn't offer classes to the public, I would love to catch one of their performances. Brian also turned my question into a useful blog post for anyone else who might be interested in playing taiko in Japan. His post can be found here. Thank you for your help, Brian!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment