Thursday, June 18, 2009

Earth Celebration 2009

A fellow taiko enthusiast reminded me that KODO's annual Earth Celebration is right around the corner. KODO hosts a three-day music festival that features performers from all around the world. Three whole days dedicated to the enjoyment of music. Bliss! This year's event will be held on August 16-18. Unfortunately, I will have to postpone my first Earth Celebration to next year. Since I will have recently started my job, I don't think it would be possible or wise to take vacation leave.

1 comment:

Great Lakes Taiko Center said...

Actually, if you can afford it, you should do it. I was a JET ten years ago and I took a week of vacation to go up to Yamagata only about 2 weeks after I arrived. Unless things have changed much, you probably won't have much work to do (if any) in August anyhow. Btw, we are planning to attend EC 2009, maybe we'll see you there?