KODO is beginning its One Earth Tour in North America this month! Eeeeek! So exciting. This might be the perfect chance to see them perform. Unfortunately, Hawaii is not one of KODO's destinations, which means I would need to travel to the mainland. I wouldn't mind taking a trip to DC to see them perfrom at the cherry blossom festival. Maryssa, my friend and fellow Aiko buddy will be there. She works at the Japanese Embassy. Speaking of Washington D.C.....
Barack Obama was inaugurated as America's 44th President yesterday. 1.20.09 HURRAY!!! He is the first African-American President and first President from Hawaii. I woke up early to watch his inaugural address. An estimated 1.5 million people gathered in front of the U.S. Capitol in the bitter cold to witness history unfold. It was an amazing sight to see. He is an inspiration to many around the world that dreams really do come true. I'm sure Dr. King is smiling in heaven :). Today's newspaper featured a picture of a woman wearing this awesome t-shirt that read:
Rosa sat
so that Martin could walk.
Martin walked
so that Obama could run.
Obama ran
so that our children could fly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment